As a Responsible and Professional Chimney Sweeping Company we would like to assure all our customers that we take their safety very seriously. We have strict safety procedures in place to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and with a little help from yourselves we can carry this out.
BEFORE coronavirus we always operated our business with strict regard to safety procedures which protect us as well as you and your property. We use appropriate sheeting to protect floors and carpets and proper dust control measures are normal. We use a proper p3 dust mask and clean gloves for every job as standard.
We now have ENHANCED protection in place, which with your help can be carried out.
- When booking an appointment, we will ask you to confirm that everyone in your household has been free of coronavirus symptoms for at least 7 days and that no-one is isolating. We will confirm the same for our household.
- We will also ask this as we arrive.
- Please ensure that the route to your chimney / fire is clear and there is adequate space for us to work (minimum 1m from the front of the appliance). Clear out any ashes and move furniture and ornaments where possible and make a plug available and accessible for use.
- Please ventilate the room/s with open windows ahead of our visit where possible.
- We will enter your property wearing a mask and gloves. These will remain on for the duration of the visit.
- We will observe recommended 2m social distancing and ask that you remain in another room (including pets) during the sweeping process.
- A clean / disinfected sheet will be placed on your floor / carpet.
- We will issue a certificate as usual but please use your own pen to sign it.
- Payment would be preferred as a Bank Transfer, although we will accept cash or cheque if this is not possible.
- We will remove and dispose of any consumables appropriately. Used sheets will be disinfected / packaged for cleaning.
- Finally, we will remove gloves etc. and apply hand sanitiser.
We regret we are unable to accept tea/coffee and biscuits for now.
If you need advice or wish to make a booking, please call 01489 581371.